The NHL’s star center has reached an agreement with Anaheim to return, league sources confirmed to NHL.com.
The deal is expected to be finalized sometime later today, league executive vice president of hockey operations Mike Johnston told reporters.
Weber’s agent, Rob Niedermayer, told ESPN.com he’s hopeful Weber will sign with the Ducks in the coming days.
“He is in our prayers right now, and we’re just hopeful that this is going to happen, that he’s going to get this opportunity to go play in Anaheim,” Niedermeyer said.
“I’m sure he’ll do everything in his power to get back there and play with the players that he wants to play with.”
The Ducks announced their intent to offer Weber a contract extension last week.
The 31-year-old is expected return to the lineup Tuesday against the Calgary Flames, a team he’s played for six of the last seven seasons.
The contract extension is the latest in a long line of big contracts for the Anaheim Ducks.
The club is set to be the biggest spenders of the offseason, with a number of high-profile deals coming with the team’s first-round pick in this year’s NHL Draft.
The Ducks have had a lot of success over the past decade, winning two Stanley Cups in the last three years.
Anaheim has a $9.8 million cap hit for next season and will pay a total of $14.8 billion in salary.